keskiviikko 21. huhtikuuta 2010

Lotta's media diary.

I kept a media diary for a weekend and realized how much time I really use on computer or watching TV, because I used to think that I wouldn’t never spend over five hours on computer per day. But the results told something else.

Usually in the morning I immediately check my telephone, put the TV on and start watching news, commercials and serials. After that I surf on the Internet, where I like to read the news all the time and use a lot of different sites, especially Facebook. I’m surrounded by media almost with everything I do. Even in bus I’m listening radio or mp3 –player and reading ads in front of me, almost without realizing it.

I like to read fashion magazines and also useless magazines about celebrities and their life. But I read rarely traditional newspapers, because I like to read the news quickly and easily from the Internet. The main reason why I interact with Internet so often is that I want to be “updated” all the time. I like to know what is happening all around the world and know what my friends are doing and so on. Also I have to get information to my school works.

I use computer often when I’m alone, but I when I’m watching TV I’m with friends or family, so it’s more social thing.

I used to think that I can handle the media and I’m very media critical but now I’ve noticed how big role it plays in my everyday life. Nowadays it is hard to live without the media, but the question what I asked from myself is; Are all the types of media really necessary in our life? In my opinion, we just have to spend less time with the media.

1 kommentti:

  1. Nice work here, Lotta.It shows that you actually gave this some thought. :)

    VastaaPoista